Glittery kisses


I made these yesterday. Very barbie right? These were my second attempt kisses of the day! I had burnt the first batch as I had preheated the oven to 200 degrees which I had followed from a recipe. 

However, my oven seems to not comply with recipe instructions. Anyway, barbie or not, I was quite proud of these little strawberry meringues because a) they were not singed b) they were an ok shape and c) they taste a little like candy floss! 




Ingredients
2 egg whites
60g of caster sugar
pinch of salt
flavouring
colouring
cream of tatar.

You will need
Whisk
Baking tray
Parchment paper/foil 
piping bag and star shaped nozzle



*   Preheat oven to 100°C ( Mine was 75°C as I was overly cautious due to disastrous first batch).

*     Whisk two egg whites with a stand mixer or hand whisk on a medium setting.

*        Add a pinch of salt

*  While the whites are whisking away measure out 60g of caster sugar.

*     When the egg whites have thickened and have soft peaks you can gradually add in your sugar, tablespoon amount each time.

*     Add in half a tea spoon of cream of tartar.

*     A few drops of your favourite flavouring.

* A few drops of your favourite colour. I chose red gel colouring.

*     Increase the speed and watch as your meringue thickens.

*     Stop once you have a thick glossy mixture. You should have stiff peaks when you remove your whisk!

*  Grab your piping bag. Works best if someone is handy to hold the bag open as you use a spatula to tip the mixture in.

*     Use a star shaped nozzle to make your kisses on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.

*     Make sure they have a bit of space between them, say 5cm or so.

*     Leave in the oven for just over an hour until they are firm to the touch and you can’t resist any longer to eating one! 





Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm these look yummy!!! They'd be perfect for a party/ get together! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo these look lovely, will have to try them out! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quite easy once you get the hang of it! x

      Delete
  3. These turned out great and they look delicious! I wish I was more a baker but I know if I tried these, they'd be a major fail!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete